Awards will be given in 6 areas. Award winners will be featured on LEGO MINDSTORMS News.
1) ULTRASONIC SENSOR: This award goes to the user who makes best use of one or more ultrasonic sensors.
2) LIGHT/COLOR SENSOR: This award goes to the user who makes best use of one or more light and or color sensors (or a combination of both).
3) SOUND SENSOR: This award goes to the user who makes best use of one or more sound sensors.
4) TOUCH SENSOR: This award goes to the user who makes best use of one or more touch sensors.
5) ROTATION SENSOR: This award goes to the user who makes best use of one or more rotation sensors.
6) SENSOR OVERLOAD: This award goes to the user who makes best use of many MINDSTORMS NXT Sensors and/or HiTechnic sensors, and Codatex RFID sensors.
All entries to NXTLOG fall under the Terms of Service: http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/Terms.aspx.
Entries must be submitted by June 30, 2011.
All entries must be tagged "sensoroverload.”
Only LEGO elements may be used.
There's no limit on amount of LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT sensors, LEGO MINDSTORMS RCX sensors, motors, NXT programmable bricks, HiTechnic sensors, Codatex RFID sensors, or Bluetooth communication you can use.
A programmable LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT brick must control the robot's actions.
You may enter more than one robot.
You may enter a robot that was previously submitted to NXTLOG (just remember to add the tag, sensoroverload).
All documentation must be posted on NXTLOG. You must include the following in your NXTLOG Building Challenge entry:
• Description - Careful, well-written explanation of how the robot was designed.
• Pictures of the robot - Clear, well lit pictures - (no blurry ones!)
• .rbt Program(s) - Annotations within the programs are a plus!
• (Optional) LEGO Digital Designer File (LDD) - you cannot submit an LDD file only. Your LDD file must document some or all of your robotic entry.
• (Optional) Video - Videos cannot be larger than 4MB and they cannot exceed 2 minutes in length. The allowable video formats are: .mov, .avi, .mpg, .wmv Please only upload only one video per project. Videos cannot contain music. You CAN include the noises that your robot makes. Videos cannot contain people in them Videos cannot contain speech.
The contest will be judged by the NXTLOG moderating team.
Good luck and play well!